Finding a cheap electric bike has never been easier thanks to direct-to-consumer websites from many of the top e-bike manufacturers. Sorting the quality from the crap can be hard to do, which is why the list below contains the five best cheap electric bikes for adults.
Cheap is not to be confused with low quality. The cheapest electric bike on Amazon is the Gyroor C3. It has a top speed of 18 MPH and can go up to 28 miles on a single charge. It’s capable with quality components, but its top speed is slow and the e-bike doesn’t go as far as other electric bikes that cost slightly more.
If you want flat-out cheap, the Gyroor C3 is the way to go. If you want a cheap electric bike that also goes 20 MPH or faster with a range of 30 miles or more, the list below is for you.
Cheap Electric Bikes For Adults
These are the five best cheap electric bikes for adults. All of them come with excellent battery range and top speed.
- Lectric Bikes XP 2.0 – Quirky look aside the Lectric XP 2.0 is one of the top performing e-bikes for several reasons. First, its battery life allows you to travel over 45 miles per charge. Second, is how comfortable this bike is. The fat tires run over terrain like it isn’t there. Similarly, the front fork suspension eats up larger bumps on the trail. Finally is the bikes versatility. It can be folded, and it has a cargo package available to add both front and rear storage.
- Aventon Soltera Step-Through – Aventon’s Soltera has a traditional bike look. The step-through model offers low clearance to easily get on and off the bike. Looks are subjective, but it’s one of the best looking step-through e-bikes to hit the market. Aventon has been making bikes since 2012, and they were one of the first major players to enter the electric bike market in 2018. The warranty Aventon includes is top notch. The frame has a lifetime warranty and all components come with a one year warranty.
- GEN3 The Flex – The Flex from GEN3 is an electric bike that looks like a traditional hardtail mountain bike. The components are Shimano Tourney. The best feature on this bike is the 160mm rotors paired with mechanical disc brakes. Mechanical disc brakes are reliable and offer more stopping power than wheel brakes. The worst feature on this bike is the lack of internal cable routing. The cables look a bit messy, so it makes the bike look older than it is.
Class Three Cheap Electric Bikes
- Juiced RipCurrent – The most expensive bike on this list is the Juiced RipCurrent. It is also the fastest bike on the list with a speed rating of 28 MPH. In addition, it has the most range offering riders distances in excess of 45 miles per charge. The RipCurrent has a 750w motor and 52V battery. It comes equipped with pedal assist and a throttle.
- Velowave Fat Tire Mountain Bike – The best value e-bike on this list is the Velowave. It comes with Shimano components, a 750w Bafang motor that goes 28 MPH in pedal assist mode or 20MPH with the throttle. The frame geometry is perfect for riders ranging from 5′ 6″ to 6′ 2″ tall. The internal cable routing looks clean. The engineers at Velowave also included plenty of mounts for water bottles and storage.
Are E-Bikes Worth The Money?
Yes, e-bikes are a great way to commute to work, explore trails, or get fit riding around your neighborhood. They are expensive, but worth every penny as long as you use the electric bike.
Don’t let the reputation fool you. Electric bikes are a workout. Pedaling is easy, and many e-bikes featured above include a throttle so you don’t have to pedal. Pedalling will extend the range of your battery because your motor doesn’t draw as much power when doing so.
If you don’t mind a shorter range, and want to know pedaling is optional an e-bike with a throttle. Other considerations when choosing your electric bike are battery style. I prefer a locking detachable battery. When I lock the bike up outside I always take the battery off. The idea being, thieves won’t want an electric bike without its most expensive part.
If price is not a factor for you, consider reading about the overall Best Electric Bike.